Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bonuses? & other randomness


So, all of this recent talk about the AIG bailout & the payment of bonuses has me wondering, about many things, to be sure, but in particular I've been wondering just when & where bonuses became something other than a reward for a job well done? Bonuses used to be just that, a bonus, a reward at the end of the year, fiscal or otherwise, when a company did well, to all of the employees that helped drive the business to success. Whether the company failed miserably or just didn't produce a profit, there where no bonuses, not even the annual Christmas turkey or ham. When did a bonus become an entitlement, For anyone & everyone, regardless of success or failure & no less, at government expense? How & where did this happen? Since this has been all over the news lately, it's become kind of my question of the moment. What do you think? I'd love to hear thoughts, even if they differ from mine. Just be respectful & maybe there can be a nice dialog. This is an aspect of the issue on which there has been no discussion. I find this whole issue interesting & wonder what the thought process is & how we got to this point.
On to other things...
The weather here has reverted to rain, rain more rain, it's normal pattern. Hopefully we are done with snow for this season. The snow itself is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but when it melts during the day & then freezes overnight, it creates huge problems!
I've added several more bookmarks to my del.icio.us account (samsstuff, as if you couldn't have guessed) even on from Craft magazine about embroidered concrete! Amazing! Take a look & check out the article. I wish that craft was still publishing "hard copies" but at least we can still see it on-line! I also need to check out Make TV from Craft's sister publication.
I've been checking out a new site, Creepy Queen! It's a great place for alternative crafters. If you like it you should also try WhatTheCraft, alternative crafting, lots of tutorals & a great bunch of people! Check out Made By Hand.By Me & MyCraft for more great communities.
I've added another item to my etsy store http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22721355 a hand embroidered, framed dragon piece. Take a look!
I'm working on another vintage handmade article for Craft Stylish.
I'm also working on another spotlight submission that will hopefully be up soon!
And, of course, I'm working on more things to put in my shop!
Thanks for reading, let me know what you think, your opinions...
samsstuff

No comments: