Monday, February 20, 2012

Something New :)

Hi all! I've been working on some new things lately & I thought I'd show you some of them:

A flowery pink cuff bracelet in organic cotton
hand crocheted & embroidered with brass beads & vintage button closure. I love how the embroidery  makes the piece look quilted.
and a couple of new embroidered bookmarks
Vintage cookbook images (don't worry, the book was in poor condition), hand embroidered. I also like these framed... The adorable images are so sweet!
A ton of crocheted stuff...
Here's a new beach style wrap bracelet
This is 100% US sourced cotton with vintage 70's wood beads & freshwater pearls. The  lobster clasp closure  is silver  as are the jump rings for the pearls. This also works great as a necklace or a hair wrap! It's so versatile & has a great beachy, surfer vibe.
Oh! And last, but not least, I've found some amazing vintage finds lately! I love searching the thrift stores & 'picking' out all the amazing old things there, from jewelry & clothing to blankets & linens, even fabric & craft books (I found the most hideously wonderful 70's polyester double knit fabric the other day. It would make a wonderful "Brady Bunch" style dress or a great vintage style polo shirt, especially with a big, pointy contrasting collar...). I even found an old etching tool for 75 cents. Now I just need to learn a new craft :)

How about you? Have you been making anything recently? Spotted any great finds?

* Images & designs all by Shelley McElhiney. All rights reserved. Feel free to share this post, photos & its content with credit given, but please contact the blog owner for any other usage. Designs not for resale or to be copied without express permission.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm loving both of the bracelets! So pretty, and I could really see myself wearing them. You've got GREAT talent!

Marie Noelle said...

Wow, you've been working on some great stuff!

I love your flowery pink cuff bracelet, so cute and girly!

Right now, I'm not really working on anything. Not true. I've started this embroidered thing to hang on my son's wall 8 months ago... not finished yet! (I don't even know where it is since I moved since hehe)

A Day in Candiland said...

How fun, I used to make jewelry, it was a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

Hi Sam, thanks for visiting my blog and for your commen!
i love your blog! am your newest follower and would be honored if you would like to follow back, no hard feelings if not :-)
love
jutta

Alexis Grace said...

I love the beachy wrap bracelet! Very cool!

I have a DIY necklace I am going to undertake soon (or at least that is the plan!). Kind of intimidated, but it should be a fun one....

Lolly Jane said...

That cuff is SO pretty!! :)
xoxo