Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Made by You Mondays & Show Us Your Business Wednesday

New wallet/card holder/makeup bag...

The front












& the back.
















Pretty Baby:

Hand crocheted
Fully lined in a pale yellow, sheer, sparkle fabric
Trimmed with vintage ruffle trim
Yellow buttons from Italy that have metallic flakes throughout
Hand triple stitched, for extra strength
Washable

I hope you like it! I made a similar one, in a raspberry pink color.

Stop by & check out some of the other Made by You Monday entries:




The How & Why of It...

So, today, as part of the "Show Us Your Business" meme on The Society of Socialpreneurs, I thought I'd give you a little intro to my shops & why I decided to open them. I love to create & I love making things. I constantly have ideas rattling around in my head that I need to make utilize in some way or lose them forever. It doesn't really help to write them down, I generally forget to go back to them & sometimes, when I do, I've forgotten what I meant when I wrote it down & if I use the idea at all, it becomes something totally different from the original concept. So, I create because I love to, I pretty much need to, it's who I am. Different ideas require different techniques & materials, so I create in different mediums. All of the ideas are tied together, in style, because they all come from me. That's the why & how of why I make what I do.
I have two shops, currently: samsstuff on Etsy, where I sell vintage & one of a kind (often with vintage components) jewelry, accessories & clothing & samsstuff on ArtFire, where I sell one of a kind & vintage household items, art & photography. The Etsy items can also be found on ArtFire. I sell my handmade items because I want to share them & pass their stories on (also, because they gather & multiply, if I let them :) I sell the vintage items to share a little piece of their history. I love vintage & hate to see pieces tossed aside if I can make them into something useful & beautiful again, give them a new statement & story that compliments the original piece. And that's the how & why of my shops. Well, some of it anyway...SAM

Show Us Your Business Wednesday

10 comments:

Melanie said...

I like your Made By You Monday. Very cute idea! Cute purse too :). Stopping by from SITS...

Melanie

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Made by You Monday is a meme that I participate in through Skip to My Lou. It's a really cute blog & a fun meme. Click on the button to check out all the entries There's all kinds of cute & fun stuff & many include tutorials.

D said...

Hi :-) That purse is so adorable. I love crochet too! How exciting to know you also sell vintage! I love it! I know what you mean about writing things & then forgetting the original reason/idea for it, it is so me too. I will pay you a visit at Etsy too, my favorite place.

Teresa said...

Thank you so much for participating in Show Us Your Business Wednesday! I loved reading about your "Why!"

Unknown said...

That is an adorable little purse. I just dropped by from SITS to say hi; hope you will do the same.

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Great new wallet/card holder! Hope you had a great 4th!

Being Tazim said...

Love the ribbon on the wallet. I have an award for you: http://beingtazim.blogspot.com/2010/07/7-things-about-me-versatile-blogger.html

Tina said...

I'm from the Lady Bloggers Tea Party. Love your wallet/cardholder creation. I envy anyone who can crochet. I have never been able to master that skill, despite several laughable attempts!

Margo said...

Adorable and pretty crochet bags! Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway!
~Margo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I love yours!! Such a cute crochet wallet!